Breakfast with Gouldians 2019
- Duration: 2 Days
- Product code: BWG 2019
- Two day, one night tour. This is a great opportunity to see one of Australia's most sought after birds! We see Gouldian Finches at various locations during our nine day 'Best of Top End Birding' tour, but here is an opportunity for the bird watcher who always dreamed of seeing Gouldian's in the wild but is not able to join us for a longer tour.
- Key species - Gouldian Finch, Long-tailed Finch, Masked Finch, Crimson Finch, Hooded Parrot, Northern Rosella, Red-winged Parrot, Red-tailed Black Cockatoo, Partridge Pigeon, Buff-sided Robin, Green-backed Gerygone, Broad-billed Flycatcher, Black-tailed Treecreeper and Varied Sittella. Black-breasted Buzzard, Spotted Harrier and Swamp Harrier.
- Will this tour suit me? This is an easy tour, with some birding done close to the vehicle in short stop starts and some sitting, watching and waiting for birds to come and drink at gorgeous locations overlooking waterholes.
- Group tours - $755 per person twin share, single supplement $85
- Private Charter for 1 or 2 guests - $2495.00
DAY 1 - DARWIN to PINE CREEK
6.00am Pick up from Darwin accommodation
7.30am Breakfast on the Marrakai track in savannah woodland surrounded by birds.
8.00am Explore Marrakai track. We slowly drive along, stopping to see and photograph birds as we go. Black-tailed Treecreeper, Varied Sittella, Black-breasted Buzzard and other raptors, are frequently seen.
4.00pm Explore Pine Creek. We check in to our accommodation and then explore the water gardens across the road. We usually see Grey-crowned Babbler, Great Bowerbird, Hooded Parrot, Red-wing Parrot and Blue-faced Honeyeater.
6.30pm Dinner and accommodation at Pine Creek.
6.15am Check out from accommodation.
12.00pm Lunch at beside another waterhole and then return to Darwin, birding at special locations along the way.
6.00pm Drop off at Darwin accommodation
Inclusions - all touring costs, all meals. Accommodation is in a comfortable, air-conditioned cabin. Cold water, tea, coffee and snacks are available at any time.
Exclusions - alcoholic drinks, purchases of a personal nature such as souvenirs.
Booking Procedure - When you are ready to book, you can contact us and we will email you an invoice or book online directly. A 20% deposit secures the booking, the balance is due 30 days prior to start of tour.
The Terms and Conditions document outlines our cancellation and refund policy.
All prices are in Australian dollars. Please click here for conversion to your currency.